Saturday, March 7, 2009

5 minutes of my day ...




my little girl being so cute! she looks like she should have a newspaper under her arm.
what a beautiful day. since papa had a little side job to do today josie & i decided to head out right after breakfast for a run to the post office & a walk.
on our walk we went by the farm that is a couple miles down our road .. saw a kitty, duck, & dog ... & josie said each one of their names the minute they caught her eye. i even heard a meow, meow come out after she said kitty. i swear this little girl has a ton of words in her brain that she just doesn't share. ... the best story of that so far was when we were in toys'r us & she points up to this bed that is basically up on the rafters & screams "dora" what!!! she was barely saying mama & papa. i think it might be time to get the ani difranco cd's out of my car before she starts picking up some of those nice words ... yikes ... that's just what i need to come out at story time. actually to be completely honest, i need to clean up my language as well.
so, back to the reason of writing ... within 5 minutes i had two interesting episodes. just finished my walk, josie was packed in the car & i was folding up the stroller to load it in the back of the car ... & this guys slows down & says ... "is there a campground around here?" " i have a wheel chair lift in my car" ... my mind gets confused about the two abrupt statements that basically came out in one sentence ... ok, "no, i'm all set - i don't need the lift ... and yeah there is a campground, but about 10 minutes in the opposite direction (giving him directions)" he says "i guess there is a lesbian campground around here, that isn't really that anymore, but i just need a cheap place to put my trailer ... see my wheelchair lift" (again one sentence) ... my response ... "yeah, cool lift ... & i don't know anything about the campground, if it is the same one ... it looks like a nice place" he responds ... "don't slip on the ice & drives off" i was waiting to see him come back around, as he needed to turn around to get to where he wanted to go ... but he never did. interesting fellow. so, truly "touched" by the special man ... i hopped in my car & started to drive off ... except, shit ... (wait i am cleaning up my language) ... shoot, i'm stuck! got out, looked around .. it's one tire that i drove up into the snowbank too far. wasn't quite sure what i was going to do, didn't have a shovel ... was thinking this out & within 30 seconds i see this woman and 3 children coming down the road. when they got to me she offered for her two sons (maybe 5 & 6ish) & herself to push me out ... i felt bad, but after a little convincing the 3 of them got me out ... while her little daughter waited so nicely behind them ... what a good little girl. ohhh ... thank you so much!
an interesting 5 minutes that i wanted to share ... people are special ... in every way that word can be interpreted.


1 comment:

Live Simply Mommy said...

You run into some pretty interesting people in your travels... that doesn't happen to me so often. There must be some attraction about you.